In which a fond adieu is bidden...

Those of you who have been bored enough this summer to keep up to date with my assorted webular presences will be aware that I spent the first half of the holidays in Edinburgh, in my dingy flat, in the foetal position. You will be equally aware that I have spent the second half in Crieff, spending money I don't have on pints of Belhaven Best, smoking in my summer-shed, stealing Andrew's wine, and looking consistently bemused. 

As enjoyable as all this has been, I confess myself relieved to be resuming my studies in September. Ask me if this remains the case in a month and I will probably be unable to answer, because my brain will have devolved to the level of a marmot as a result of the stress and the polluted urban air.

In the meantime, I'm actually quite looking forward to the small mountain of reading I have to get through. Being as I am a bumbling, absent-minded and nonsensical human being, I made the mistake of having all my books delivered to the home I'm not currently living in, so I am considerably behind schedule.

So, to all my chums in Crieff and the surrounding townships, I say farewell.

To all those in Edinburgh whose presence I can vaguely tolerate, I will see you very soon.

Jamie

No comments: